November 10, 2014

it's a dream

Happy Monday everyone!
Today I'm hosting the Frosted Designs blog with a layout about a dream I had since I was a little girl. I love everything about ballet: watching ballerinas dancing, the costumes, the music... Unfortunately I didn't have the  chance to learn ballet and now it's only a dream never came true. But the good thing is that my 5 years old daughter takes ballet classes and I love watching her dancing!
Anyway, this is my page:


I used a white paper and created my own background with mists, a mask, stamps and gesso. First I glued some paper strips on top and bottom of the page, I applied gesso and then made some masking and stamping with several stamps. After that, I placed the photo in position and added only a few embellishments: a chipboard scroll corner, some flowers, buttons and sequins. To add more interest to my page, I broke some buttons in pieces and glued them on the page. As a final mixed media touch I added a lot of gesso splashes (that's really a fun thing to do - I love splashes:)





One more thing I love doing on my pages is doodling with my permanent pen. I also wrote quite a few times the sentence 'am I dreaming?' and finally I placed the tittle at the bottom of the page.


>>>
With this page I'm joining the following challenges:

Creative Scrappers: CS Sketch 281

Words & Paintery: October challenge


Well, I hope you liked my page and got some ideas!
Thank you for stopping by today, I wish you a happy crafty week everyone!


18 comments :

  1. This is beautifully executed...love the splashes and splatters--plus the broken buttons! Just so many little details to admire. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Τέλεια Αθανασία!!Από τις καλύτερες συνθέσεις σου!!!Μπράβο φοβερή δουλειά!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just received this in my inbox and had to rush over here straight away to tell you how breath-taking it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τώωωωωωωρα μάλιστα !! Τα είδα όλα που λένε ... έλα απο δω μετα να μου σηκώσεις το σαγόνι γιατι μου πεσε !!!!!! Με μια λέξη ΟΥΑΟΥ !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning was the word! Thanks for playing with Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing layout! Love everything about this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow this is one of the best pages I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love,love,love your layout.It´s so beautiful.Thanks for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Με μια λέξη: αριστούργημα!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning just beautiful - thanks for playing along with us at Words & Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful page - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning, your back ground details are amazing.. love the photo too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at words and paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! It is one of the most beautiful layouts I've ever seen!
    Thank You for playing with us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the softness of these colours! Such a beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*