December 13, 2014

winter lantern

Hello everyone!
 Today I'm hosting the Frosted Designs blog with a layout about winter and what I love about it: lanterns! I love the contrast between their cozy feeling and winter's cold. It's like magic!
Here is my page:



I choose a sheet with chevron pattern to use and blue shades of gelatos and watercolors to create the background. To decorate my page I used some flowers, buttons, lace, thread, sequins and snowflakes stickers.
Here are some details: 



For my page I got inspired by this beautiful snowy but also warm and cozy moodboard from Scrap Around the World December's challenge:


There are so many ways this moodboard can be used for inspiration. I wanted to take advantage of every detail of this board and use them on my composition: the blue/red/white/brown shades, chevrons (the paper pattern and a stencil I used), doilies, snowflakes, branches, even a small light bulb, all these stuff are on my page!

I also used this sketch from the Creative Club "Simple pleasures" 

Thank you very much for stopping by today,
have a beautiful rest of the day! 


10 comments :

  1. Beautiful layout! Love the blues against the tan. All that bling looks amazing! So many great details! I love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout. I love the way You used the sketch in Your own wat. I love the background too. Thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout! I love it! Thank you, thank you very much for this beauty!Thanks for playing with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love your design! Thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ααα υπέροχο !! Γεμάτο και χορταστικό, και έχει και πολύ ωραία χειμωνιάτικη αίσθηση !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love the warm feeling of the lantern against the cold wintery scene. Thanks for playing along at SATW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*